Subject: Re: [Leica]R state of the art?
From: "adrian bradshaw" <abpeking@public.bta.net.cn>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 17:28:30 +0800

Ben wrote

>Therefore AF is just as easy as with a straight MF camera
>- - i.e. you turn the focusing ring on the lens whenever you like.

well I do not think I am alone in finding the EOS1n harder to focus manually
- - the screen is such that in and out of focus is hard to distinguish plus
many of the lenses have considerable play in the focusing ring. This is
symptomatic of the current generation of AF cameras which is a pity and may
well be a ploy on the part of the makers to create greater dependency on AF
and a built in demand for the next generation: this in the context of pre-AF
Canons and Nikons being far easier IMHO to manually focus than their AF
successors. In the case of Canon I think the same retrogressive
'improvement' is true for exposure control too.