Subject: Re: [Leica] "State of the Art"
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 11:46:43 -0500

At 11:12 AM 5/9/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Surely being in the news business you've heard that there is not one but 2
>top secret planes that are faster than the SR-71, one small bomber size and
>one fighter size.  But your point is well taken.

There is no such airplane that I've heard of. Nothing certainly from the
Skunk works that would be tactical in nature. The hypersonic transport is
still a dream last I heard. The stealth bomber and fighter are both
sub-sonic. The F22 isn't even close to being as fast and won't be deployed
for at least four more years. Which airplanes are you talking about?

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!