Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R state-of-the art?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 16:59:24 -0500

At 12:50 PM 5/9/98 +0000, you wrote:

>Funny, but when I borrowed a friends EOS 1n to shoot some stuff the
>camera felt much cheaper made in my hands than my EOS 1 did,the
>viewfinder seemed darker or flatter  something.  I just knew I did

I really liked the EOS1n I owned for a while, and as a matter of fact, it
IS harder for focus manually than an R8, by a LONG shot. I've proven it to
myself in the past six months I've owned an R8. I would never go back, but
my company will be buying me an EOS1n with digital backs in the next 3 or 4
years, and I look forward to it...for work. But for personal photography
after that point, and for those times when digital just can't hack it, I'll
be grateful I have Leica glass to do the job really right.

I'm tired of all this Canon/Nikon/Contax stuff.

Let's argue about Summicron vs Summilux! :-) Just kidding.

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

The young child is looking in the world to find himself -
reflected in a mirror with a thousand faces.

- -Maria Montessori