Subject: Re: [Leica] "State of the Art"
From: "Art Searle" <w2nra@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 17:10:56 -0400

Eric wrote:
>There is no such airplane that I've heard of. Nothing certainly from the
>Skunk works that would be tactical in nature. The hypersonic transport is
>still a dream last I heard. The stealth bomber and fighter are both
>sub-sonic. The F22 isn't even close to being as fast and won't be deployed
>for at least four more years. Which airplanes are you talking about?

While it is rumored that the F22 can reach mach 3.2, I wasn't referring to
this aircraft.  I was referring to 2 top secret aircraft that have been
claimed to be seen in the southwest US.  My memory isn't the best but I
seem to remember something called Aurora Project and a fighter sized plane
called Pulser or something like that. It uses a new type of engine.  Also a
larger aircraft that even less is known about.  I know it sounds far
fetched, but if you think that the SR-71 was developed in the late 50s and
we didn't find out about it 'til when?

Art