Subject: Re: [Leica] Slide mounts -- glass?
From: Georgette Oden <gigi@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 22:52:38 -0500 (CDT)

I'm pretty ignorant about the whole slide mounting issue-- anyone feel
like answering some questions about it?  Email is fine if you don't want
to crowd up list-space...

I get my transparencies developed by a pro lab.  They're always on
cardboard (?) mounts... I have a slide projector but hardly ever use it.
I just sleeve all my slides in archival plastic and use a light table and
a loupe.

How do you change the mounting?  Is this something you request from the
lab or do you develop your own slides?  Besides the improvement in
projection, are there other advantages/disadvantages to glass mounts?

Thanks for the insights,
Georgette