Subject: Re: [Leica] Slide mounts -- glass?
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 19:39:55 -0600

At 10:09 PM 09/05/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>. Got myself a pack of Gepe LKM glass mounts
>(1.9 mm so they fit in LKM trays -- anybody using these?).

I don't know about the fungus problem, never had it happen to me.  I use
Gepe anti-newton mounts.  I'd be interested to know how much image
sharpness I am sacrificing because of this.

Big pain though is that stock agencies really don't like it if you send
them slides in glass.  They have to be remounted because it is too easy for
the glass to crack and damage the transparency during shipping.  For
projection with flat field lenses though, glass mounting is the way to go,
as far as I'm concerned.  Curved field lenses don't always match the curve
of the slide in the mount.

- -GH