Subject: Re: [Leica] Stupid question: the shutter in the bag
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 10:38:52 +0200

Hi Jeff,

I share your assessment of the SLRs vs. M6. My autofocus camera is the Pentax
PZ1P, and while it is a nice one, it is not always easy to use quickly.

On those occasions when I do not or cannot take my Leica with me, I take my
Ricoh GR1 point and shoot. The reason I chose that particular model is precisely
that it will yield control to you: you have aperture priority, exposure
compensation, and a modicum of manual focus (you can set it to infinity or to a
"snap" mode, fixed at about 3 meters).

Nathan