Subject: Re: [Leica]Flash capabilities of R series
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 18:50:20 -0500

At 04:33 AM 5/11/98 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm thinking of getting an R series Leica aside from the R8. Which of the
>remainder is my best option for TTL flash? Will be be as good and
>hassle-free as the Nikon Sb-26 and F90x?

There is no such animal. It's the R8 or nothing.

Now if you want decent TTL, and mediocre fill flash (only -1.7 under) the
R7 is a very good camera. But as far as fill flash goes, the R8 is as good
as anything else. The R7 is quite rudimentary. And it doesn't have 1/250
flash. Only the R8 (plus a built-in flash meter). The R6, with some fancy
tweaking, can do even better, but it would be a rather complicated setup,
using the film speed dial and a lot of mental calculations.

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

One should never generalize.