Subject: Re: [Leica] Solm's Lack of Quality
From: budcook@ibm.net
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 11:08:05 -0500

Eric,
Forget the lousy two 80 mm Summilux's and concentrate on the real
argument....Solms quality!  You keep coming back to my post to Don
Chatterton and that's taking the argument out of context.

Fixing products after they've shipped is bad for everyone including the
manufacturer.   I spent 35 years developing software and I can tell you it's
a lot more expensive to fix a bug in the field than in the lab.  Not to
mention the lost customer base that goes with it.

Bud Cook