Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R state-of-the art?
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 15:57:08 -0300

At 9 May 1998 21:25:36 -0700, "Bryan Willman" <bryanwi@seanet.com> wrote:

> (Classic note: To a Canon person, all the dials on Nikons go the wrong
>  way.  To a Nikon person, all the dials on Canons go the wrong way....)

Oh, let's not even bother with this touchy-feely relativism!  Resolved:

The focus and aperture rings on Nikons are backwards.
The focus and aperture rings on Leicas, Canons, Minoltas, Mamiyas et al
are correct.

End of story.  Silly buttheaded Nikon weenies.  :-)

(I seem to recall a brief thread on rec.photo.advanced on this.  Yes, Deja
 News reports that in 1995, a David Rosen (presumably the DR currently of the
 LUG), others and I did some whining on the subject.  See:

    http://search.dejanews.com/dnquery.xp?QRY=%7Es+%28Nikon+%26+aperture-ring+%26+handedness%29&svcclass=dnold

)

 -Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>