Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #44
From: Christian Becker <chribeck@mdc-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 08:36:02 +0100

Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> wrote:

The myth of Japanese optical superiority dates from this claim, as the
American photographic press, especially Pop, jumped in and trumpeted the
claim in a public forum and to a degree which, I suspect, was never
intended by Duncan and his fellows.

As far as I can remember there never has been a myth of japanese optical
superiority in europe. Up to the day there is common sense, even the N-
or C- users believe it, that Leica is the leading 35mm brand in optical
quality (namely when it comes to a) mechanical quality, b) alignment, c)
color transmission  d) overall correction).

Christian