Subject: Re: [Leica] Solm's Quality
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 16:28:56 -0400

At 05:23 PM 12-05-98 -0300, Robert Stevens wrote:
>I notice a lot in the leica list that some of the bigger dealers will allow
>a customer to try out a lens, camera or accessory. Is this where the duds
>are coming from?  The Leica gear is very high quality gear but it is still
>possible to have somebody unfamiliar with its operation break it.
[snip]

The dealer where I bought my M6HM seems to have all their Leica's on
display, and they are not sold as demos.  I guess they are too expensive
for that.  I made it a point to put a deposit down on my HM, and picked it
up as soon as possible after it arrived in the store, so that it was never
actually on display, and hopefully handled by a minimum of store staff.  In
any case, my camera was in perfect condition (and still is).

Dan C.