Subject: Re: [Leica] Need Help With Film & Airports
From: "Anand R. Mehta" <anand@mehtas.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 17:49:26 -0400

Richard:

Don't know about Israel, but on my last visit to London (Heathrow) they
wouldn't make an exception and hand-search film even though I presented
it to them in a gallon ziploc with the cartridges unpackaged.  Carried
in this manner, however, I was able to get a hand search throughout
India, Nepal, and the U.S.  I think that having the film out of the
black cannisters (clear might be ok) really helped.  As for London,
they're the _one_ airport where I trust them to have properly
maintained equipment -- I have never had problems with film that has
been through their handbag/etc. scanners.

- -Anand

On Tue, 12 May 1998 15:53:45 -0400, Richard Clompus wrote:

>Dear Fellow LUGnuts,
>
>I am traveling later this week to London and then on to Israel to
>lecture,scuba diving and photograph.  I have about 60 rolls of film (color
>ASA 200 and B&W ASA 400).

[snip]

>Here's the question:  Do I open up all the sealed boxes of film and keep
>the plastic cannisters separate from the actual film - or should I keep
>everything sealed in the cardboard boxes?
- --
Anand R. Mehta
mailto:anand@mehtas.com
NEW! PGP Fingerprint: 0959 E3AE 9146 755F  A830 D6F3 F7F7 056C

*** Note that I have a new, higher bit-count PGP key.  Please ask me
*** to send you my new key or obtain it yourself by visiting:
*** http://www.mehtas.com/anand/pgpkey