Subject: [Leica] Advice: Lens Damage
From: "Anand R. Mehta" <anand@mehtas.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 00:19:12 -0400

Hi all.

Was taking some photos this weekend at a friend's wedding (as a guest)
when my 35/2 M lens took a tumble onto a tile floor.  I'll contact DAG
tomorrow.  The lens looks OK, will seat in the mount, but won't turn at
all.  The lens also separated into two pieces when I was fiddling with
a filter that was on it.  I immediately tried another lens, and it
seemed to seat and lock properly.

Are these types of accidents are ever fatal?  The equipment seems much
to sturdy for this to be the case, but I want to set my expectations
properly.

Thanks!

- -Anand
- --
Anand R. Mehta
mailto:anand@mehtas.com
NEW! PGP Fingerprint: 0959 E3AE 9146 755F  A830 D6F3 F7F7 056C

*** Note that I have a new, higher bit-count PGP key.  Please ask me
*** to send you my new key or obtain it yourself by visiting:
*** http://www.mehtas.com/anand/pgpkey