Subject: Re: [Leica] roadside repairs ( M-6)
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 20:47:17 -0600

I've been meaning to call up Leica to see if I can simply order a service
manual directly, but lacking that, the M4 service manual is available
through Infotech (sorry, no contact info handy, but they are regular
advertisers in Shutterbug). It's a fairly comprehensive set of exploded
diagrams with part numbers and lubrication info, but it assumes a good deal
of basic know-how. It'll give you a real appreciation of the camera's inner
workings, though!

I've laid off camera repairs some, as I found it too time consuming--you get
to fussing with a mechanism, and want to know how every last aspect of it
works, and before you know it, a few days have gone by! Someday, maybe I'll
get a pretty, but mechanically challenged IIIf or M3, and call it a
"project" camera, and a good intro to these rangefinder cameras.

Jeff