Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm on M3/Aux Viewfinders
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 11:24:58 +0100

Paul wrote:

>Maybe a turret finder is the answer?  How is the view through these?
>Are they "squinty?"

I've just started using a Russian Contax-style turret finder on my IIIf RD,
and I'm very impressed by its optical quality. Turret lenses are
28/35/50/85/135mm, and are all excellent - bright with very little
distortion. Unlike the 'squinty' Leitz VIOOH finder, you can also see
outside the frame, and the cross-hairs make it very easy to compose. Each
lens has parallax correction markings.

Highly recommended, and cheap (ish).

Slan

Alex