Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm on M3/Aux Viewfinders
From: Stanley E Yoder <syoder+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 15:09:30 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from mail: 13-May-98 [Leica] Leica-Users List Di.. by
Listmgr@mejac.palo-alto.

> I've just started using a Russian Contax-style turret finder on my IIIf RD,
> and I'm very impressed by its optical quality. Turret lenses are
> 28/35/50/85/135mm, and are all excellent - bright with very little
> distortion. Unlike the 'squinty' Leitz VIOOH finder, you can also see
> outside the frame, and the cross-hairs make it very easy to compose. Each
> lens has parallax correction markings.

I too found the VIOOH/Imarect image/framing very small ('squinty'?),
esp. at the longer focal lengths. So I bought one of the Nikon* RF
vari-focal (zoom) finders and like it quite well. It doesn't go out to
28, however.

*Aw gee, Mom, do I  have to wash my mouth out with lye right now?

Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh