Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Users-Be Careful!
From: nightblind@juno.com
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 06:04:40 -0600

On Tue, 12 May 1998 20:15:08 +0100 tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
writes:

>The simplest "save your battery life" method is and I believe this is in
the M6 hand book.  Just set the shutter speed dial to "B" as you put the
camera in the bag and your battery problems are over immediately. :)

Ted,

This isn't necessarily related to your above comment but others have
addressed this issue with the reason for leaving the shutter cocked being
the need to have the camera ready immediately out of the bag.  I can
understand this need/desire to have the camera ready but in my experience
when carrying the M6 in a bag is that it is easier and quicker for me to
thumb the advance lever than it is to fumble with the shutter speed dial
getting it off of the B setting to something appropriate.  I usually
(with shorter lenses) carry the M6 with shutter uncocked and the speed
set at 1/60 or 1/125 or 1/250 (depending on the film in the camera) and
then simply thumb the advance as it comes clear of the bag.

Any comments are appreciated.

Regards, Don

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]