Subject: [Leica] My darkroom (was digest)
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@vaggeryd.mail.telia.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 18:50:28 +0200

> Fr=E5n: adrian bradshaw=20
> Tell me a bit about
> your darkroom - I have been using an ancient Valloy 11 enlarger for the
last
> year or so and absolutely love it: the prints are luminous and have a
better
> look to them than from any other enlarger I have used.
- -----------------------------
Adrian
I think the ancient ones work very well.  At least I hope so because I ha=
ve
just bought one in a flea market.  Its an enormous Liesgang 5x7 and built
like a brick whatnot. =20

The flurry of darkroom building right now, instead of in the winter when
any sensible person would have done it, is caused by two things.  One, my
discovery of a full Ansel Adams type Zone exposure and printing course on
the web.  It took an age to down load it but it has fired me up to get th=
at
ultimate print.  Two, after research, I consider that only black and whit=
chemical prints will survive the digital colour darkroom.  Keep the faith.

Regards=20
Alan Hull