Subject: Re: [Leica] Oxymoronic request
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 19:45:53 -0500

At 12:28 PM 5/13/98 -0700, you wrote:

>The Nikon and Canon flashes actually have a better density or power,
>function, and control per unit size than the Metz units (at least IMHO).
>However, the EOS flashes won't work on an M6.

Density, maybe, but function? What? I don't remember anything in my old
SB-26 that was different or better than my Metz. But then I pretty much use
flash for basic light and fill flash. Rarely used second curtain sync,
which won't work with the M6.

One thing the Metz 40 MZ-3 has over most other flashes (except Minolta as
far as I can remember is the exception)  is cord-free multiflash TTL sync.
Pretty cool, if one can afford several of these babies at $400 plus, and
the infrared units for each of the extra flashes. If I was a serious
location shooter, or corporate shooter, I'd have a bunch of them.

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

 Backups? We doan *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER