Subject: Re: [Leica] advise needed: field darkroom
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 19:41:03 -0500

At 01:59 PM 5/13/98 -0500, you wrote:

>i'm wondering if any of you have had any experience with field darkrooms and
>their joys & perils.  i know i'll be using rainwater stored in cisterns and
>will have electricity...

Actually, National Geographic photographers have reported (and other tech.
manuals have confirmed) that sea water is very efficient in getting fixer
out of film and paper. Just use a fresh water rinse for the final rinse and
in photo flo.

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

 Backups? We doan *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER