Subject: [Leica] Super wides
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 07:52:39 -0500

We had a borrowed (from NPS) Nikon 15 3.5 in the office a few weeks back
and the thing seemed to have a big problem with flare.  Even if you had
the light behind you at about a 10 degree angle it would still cause a
lot of flare.  Is the Leica lens better in regards to flare?

All of the comments I have heard about the Leica 15 indicate it is an
outstanding optic, but after seeing the Nikons flarre control, or lack
there of, I was wondering about the Leica.

apbc wrote

>I have asked Leica 15 users about this and they say FWIW the corners are
>very sharp. My Nikon 15mm was much better in this respect than the Canons
>for that matter.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto