Subject: Re: [Leica] viewfinders
From: Jack Milton <jmilton@agate.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 22:33:03 -0500

>The view is certainly brighter than even the M6 finder. Put the camera up
>against a piece of paper and look at the transmitted light through the
>accessory V the usual on board finders, and there is twice the light. How
>do they do this?

 On a two hour layover in Frankfurt, Germany, 1985, I made my one
overseas Leica purchase, a 28mm viewfinder for my 28mm f/2.8 Elmarit.
I've shown it to many people marvelling at how bright it is. As a matter
of fact, not only is it brighter than the camera's viewfinder, but it
appears brighter than reality. It must be the coatings, like a shooter's
yellow glasses, it improves the contrast of many lighting situations.
 I now have an older metal one for my 21mm. It's OK, but not as good as
the 28mm plastic viewfinder.

- -Jack Milton
http://www.agate.net/~jmilton/index.html