Subject: [Leica] Beginning Pro
From: Hunt <huntmc2@fuse.net>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 00:49:19 -0400

Hi,
   I've just started to do freelance work, and I was wondering how I
should be charging for my work. I shot some pictures for a friend's
garage band, and my father thinks I should give the pictures away
(mainly because I was using Mitsubishi film).  Should I charge only for
the hours I spent working, or should I also charge per picture.
   This isn't the first time I shot pictures for one of his bands.  The
last time was a couple of years ago.  He took all of the proofs, and
didn't pay one cent for my time involved, much less the cost of
materials.  At least I kept the negatives, and I have the satisfaction
of knowing that his band brought up shortly after I did the shoot.

Marshall Hunt the Younger