Subject: [Leica] Televit
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 00:35:11 -0400

On Sat, 16 May 1998, Bill Rosauer wrote:

>I also use the 400/5.6 and 560/5.6 Telyts ....  These are really =

>excellent image wise, fast to use and don't cost anywhere near =

>what the modern long lenses cost....  The Televit really works =

>almost as good as AF.

Bill,

I read recently that the last version of the 280mm f/4.8 M lens can
also be used on the Televit.  Have you had any experience with this
combination (or has anyone else)?

What I'm looking for is a fast-focus lens in the 250 to 300 range.
The 400 f/6.8 Telyt is nearly ideal for my purposes but at times a
shorter/faster lens would help.  Lenses with a standard focusing =

ring just don't do the job for me.

- -Doug