Subject: [Leica] Sports with an M6
From: AJSymi <AJSymi@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 02:44:32 EDT

<< I have never tried it, but does anyone successfully shoot action with
 an M camera?  I don't mean someone walking down the street, I mean
 a sports event where you can get in close, or something similar.....
 Is anyone good enough with their M lenses to be able to get a large
 percentage of sharp shots with an M when shooting sports? >>

I have shot some motorsports (CART) events with an M6 and a 50f2.0 and the
results are great.  At first I thought the camera would be limiting, but when
you are track-side, and/or in the pits, there is plenty of action to shoot.
The actual shots of the Indycars racing were as the cars were running down
"pit row" (entering/exiting the pits) where a 50mm lens filled the frame.  For
actual track shots, you need much longer lenses.  IMHO, the M6 is more of a
reportage camera in this sense, but the results are still spectacular.  The
action of the pit crews performing their magic under intense pressure and
competition is no less exciting than the race itself!!

Arturo