Subject: Re: [Leica] Sports with an M6
From: "Patrick R. McKee" <photonewsnetwork@ameri-com.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 10:46:12 -0400

Arturo, Good Morning
I find that the pits are always more exciting than the track. I was at
Nazareth two weeks ago for the Indy style CART race. I was in the pit area
of Bobby Rahal. I used Tom's rapidwinder and the Tri-Elmar. I will be at
Nazareth today for the Busch Grand National Race. Again with my M-6 in the
pits.
Pat
Minox007@aol.com
1-732-288-0009

- ----------
> From: AJSymi <AJSymi@aol.com>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: [Leica] Sports with an M6
> Date: Sunday, May 17, 1998 2:44 AM

some motorsports (CART) events with an M6 and a 50f2.0 and the
> results are great.  At first I thought the camera would be limiting, but
when
> you are track-side, and/or in the pits, there is plenty of action to
shoot.
> The actual shots of the Indycars racing were as the cars were running
down
> "pit row" (entering/exiting the pits) where a 50mm lens filled the frame.
 For
> actual track shots, you need much longer lenses.  IMHO, the M6 is more of
> reportage camera in this sense, but the results are still spectacular.
The