Subject: Re: [Leica] 180 f2.8 apo
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 07:01:18 +0100

Tom D. wrote:
>All right, Ted, I think it's time to empty your bank account for the new
>180 f2.8
>apo.>>>>>>

Hi Tom,

Well my first re-action when I saw the new 180 apo was out I ordered
immediately. Then discovered it could be used with the 1.4 ext. So
cancelled order.

But have had reservations about that. Now I'm waiting to here about a
couple of projects I have in the "wait to get assignment" final approval
and I think I'll go for it.

But I really want t get the  new M 35mm 1.4 asphrical as it would be very
usefull also.  But knowing how I do these things I'll pobably go ahead and
order both and worry about paying for them after.

hell if you always worried about how you were going to pay for a new lens,
you'd not likely be a Leica photgrapher.

Besides I'm so committed to and into Leica  Waht eh hell can I loose?

Your comments on the apo 180 2.8 have convinced me to go for it and sell my
35 1.4 Summilux and get the asph in the same order.:)

ted