Subject: Re: [Leica] Teds Vintage Aspherical ;-)
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 19:33:05 +0100

Marvin "Lemon" Moss wrote:

> With all due respect to Ted who because of his old age,  I love and
> respect like a father ;-) >>>>>>

Marvin, your just too kind! :) And I'll get you for it some day! :)

<<<<<<but I live on the assumption that this years model will be better
than last years (except when it comes to music, wine &
photographers).>>>>>>>>>

Well on that assumption I'll stay with the wine and song! And expect to see
a significant difference between my 35 1.4 Summilux used these past 31
years compared to the 1998 version just off the line! :)

The 35 1.4 aspherical really made a believer of me as did the 21mm 2.8
which we shot with and a few images with the 35 f2.

I realize the wear and tear on my oldtimer 35 Summilux probably contributed
to the difference of not cutting the film with the same crispness. However,
I had never related to the old lens having anything wrong with it, as there
isn't as far as I'm concerned, as it has recorded many fine frames for me.

But the aspherical really does make a different look to slides. And I'd
expect it to, compared to a lens manufactured 31 years earlier! But it sure
does magic to the film whether you have a lousy picture or a good one!:)

It's too bad I couldn't have kept some of my wine for 31 years! :)

ted "the older" :)