Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 'DR' Summilux
From: "A S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 08:45:03 -0500

Dan &Dan: About a year ago I considered selling the "old" Summilux 35mm f1.4
and trading it for the asph version. As I was looking at my old slides and
pictures taken with this lens published in sundry books, I decided that the
"old" 'Lux  is a keeper on account of what is called "bokeh" and the
romantic look at large openings. Fortunately, Leica also came to my rescue
with the introduction of the 35mm f2 asph Summicron. Now, I am the happy
user of both the  Summicron asph and the "old" 'Lux. Note that the price of
a Summilux asph is about the same as the trade-in value  of the "old" 'Lux
plus the price of a new Summicron asph.

Good Lux to you,
regards, Andrew Jordan