Subject: [Leica] R8 aperture readout with 280APO wide open
From: dvcinc@swbell.net
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 10:03:37 -0700

I noticed this weekend that the indicated aperture in the viewfinder
display on the R8 with my 280 APO wide open was f3.4 rather that 2.8.
The same was true when the 1.4x's converter was attached. There is no
half-stop between F2.8 and F4 on the lens. Has anyone else had this
experience? My other lenses all read accurately at maximum aperture,
including faster lenses. What is the problem here?

Any thoughts will be appreciated. I have a vague recollection (maybe it
is my mind that is vague) that this subject came up before but I cannot
remember what the conclusions were. I have a call in to Nils Thorsen but
have not yet spoken to him.

Thanks.

Bob De Vries