Subject: Re: [Leica] Versions of 35/1,4 for M
From: Michael <kilemall@shell.excelsior.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:41:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 18 May 1998, Lucien wrote:

> > 2 1966-96(serie VII) (slight improvement, maybe coating only):
> >  - Black chrome = 11870 Canada and Germany (Solms)
> >    (focusing levers:early types with infinity lock, later don't)
> >   1966-74 (serie VII):
> >  - Black RF for M3 = 11871  Canada
> >   1992-96 (serie VII):
>
> Michael Garmisa wrote:
>
> >How much better is the newer vesions of these lense,
> >not the asp but the ones  right before
> >(I assume they are better)
> >I don't think i would be happy using a separate veiwfinder
> >so the goggles seem to be the only way to go, perhaps if
> >the difference is significant as I imagine
> >(athough the summilux supposedly hasn't changed that much,
> >finding one in good condition might be hard)
>
> The second version (1966-96) is less prone to flare,
> as far as I know, but to find that version with goggles
> (1966-74) will be a difficult task, but not impossible.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Lucien
Sounds like the lens for me, two questions, First is this after the time
period where fogging will be a concern?  I believe the 35/summicron with
eyes is in the foggin period.  Second for a 35/sumilux with goggles in
good condition what price range am I looking at?  Think Im gonna get on
the phone and call some places in NYC anyone have good experieces with any
stores in NYC there are so many its hard to chose
thanx