Subject: [Leica] "SureGuard" Photo Lacquer with UV inhibitor
From: MGMcGough@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 20:40:51 EDT

 I have just examined by Epson color prints (3 types of paper)
 that were sprayed with McDonald PRO-TECTA-COTE & then
 left on our patio for 30 days. There is no apparent fading or
 other deterioration compared to the unsprayed one that were
 stored in an album.

 Question - doesn't window glass or any modern type glass also
 absorb UV light?  If so, then why do my unsprayed prints that
 are kept near a closed glass picture window start to fade in 30
 days. Are there other factors besides UV light that are involved?

 Mary (de Milo)