Subject: [Leica] Collapsible 90mm Elmar in f:2.8*
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 03:31:05 EDT

 In a message dated mm/19/98 11:25:20 PM LEICAMAN56@aol.com writes:
> snip< regular travel lens.  To me the 75/2.4 APO would fill the bill
perfectly.
>  Bill Rosauer
One of my favorite compact travel lens & as far as I know, the only non 50mm
collapsible, is the 90/4 Elmar. 25,000 of these were made between 1954 & 68
and sell for around $500 today.  It was designed so that when collapsed would
fit in an ERC as it was then no longer than a rigid 50/2.  Even though its max
speed was only f:4, it was so highly prized that even after the 90/2.8
appeared
in 1959, the collapsible continued to be made until 1968.  I would love to
have
one today with a f:2.8* lens, as that speed is adequate for me when
travelling.

Marvin Moss