Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Enlargers
From: Disfromage <Disfromage@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 17:43:21 EDT

<<I was wondering what Enlarger / Lens (as well as other equipment)
recommended .

I use a Saunders 4500 with a dichroic head and an Apo Rodagon. I recommend
either a dichroic or a dedicated variable contrast light source to make it
easy to use any of the excellent v.c. papers. I  suggest reading CTEIN's book
"Post Exposure" for an extensive overview of papers and enlarging lenses.
Also, you might look into an archival print washer.  They simplify and speed
up the washing process considerably.  I use a Summitek that only requires
about 1 liter of water per minute.  Ther are several other good ones.  Other
than enlargers and paper, probably nothing much has changed since you were
last in the darkroom.  Dektol is still pretty much the standard.