Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Enlargers
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 00:22:14 +0200

Hi Rich,

Consider a film/digital combination. I do the following:

1) Shoot B&W film
2) Develop the negatives in the traditional way
3) Scan the negatives into Adobe Photoshop
4) Print them on an Epson Stylus printer.

Advantages are the much easier manipulation in the computer, and no need to
spend hours in the darkroom. As far as equipment, you need a slide/negative
scanner (I have an HP Photosmart) and a good inkjet printer (Epson Stylus
Photo, for example).

And you still have the B&W negatives for archival purposes or if you ever
change your mind about a digital vs. conventional darkroom.

Good luck!

Nathan

Rich Jackson/ITWORKS wrote:

> I am planning to "get back into" doing black and white work in a dark room.
> I used to do a lot of it years ago but have not had my hands in the
> chemicals for some time and have to start on the equipment side almost from
> scratch.
>
> I was wondering what Enlarger / Lens (as well as other equipment)
> recommended .
>
> rich jackson
> richj@infotechworks.com

- --