Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Enlargers
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 07:28:22 +0200

George,

I have the Epson Stylus 600, which is very good but not optimized for photo the
way the Epson Stylus Photo printers are. Nonetheless, for some images I have
printed, the quality is every bit as good as what I was able to produce in the
darkroom; for others not. It depends on the type of image. But overall, I am
very satisfied. Due to family obligations and time pressures, it is not feasible
for me to lock myself up in the darkroom for long periods to make prints. The
digital method has the great advantage that the children can be around me while
I am printing.

The Epson Stylus Photo EX is supposed to be fully equal to a  conventional
print.It is optimized for photo (and therefore lousy/slow at text). I will be
upgrading to that one shortly.

Nathan