Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Enlargers
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 06:22:19 +0000

At 08:08 AM 20/5/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I am planning to "get back into" doing black and white work in a dark room.
>I used to do a lot of it years ago but have not had my hands in the
>chemicals for some time and have to start on the equipment side almost from
>scratch.
>
>I was wondering what Enlarger / Lens (as well as other equipment)
>recommended .
>

>rich jackson
>richj@infotechworks.com

It would be a good idea to get an enlarger with a dichroic head as VC
papers are now becoming more commonplace and I find the Ilford papers very
nice to work with.  I also find Ilford liquid chemicals very easy to use -
just measure and dilute.  No more troublesome powders and weighing machines!

As for the lens, it is a personal choice. IMHO, if I am using leitz lenses
then I can only justify the performance by getting the best enlarging lens
that I can afford.  I use an Apo-Rodagon with very satisfying results.
Sometimes I put on the Elmar 50/3.5 (DOOGS) just for the effects I get with
this lens.

Welcome back into the darkness of silver-halide land :).

Dan Khong