Subject: [Leica] Autofocusing
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 12:27:52 -0500

I recently bought my wife a new Minilux.  I've spent more time trying to
teach her about locking in the focus/exposure with the shutter button
than I did teaching her to use my M3 several decades ago.

It seems to me that auto focusing is like four wheel drive.  You put up
with noise, lack of reliability, poor handling, low efficiency and other
problems for that one day out of the year when you think you might need
it but really don't.

Bud