Subject: Re: [Leica] Autofocusing
From: AJSymi <AJSymi@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 16:53:54 EDT

Bud Cook wrote:

<< It seems to me that auto focusing is like four wheel drive.  You put up
 with noise, lack of reliability, poor handling, low efficiency and other
 problems for that one day out of the year when you think you might need
 it but really don't. >>

I like this analogy, Bud.

Then again, most camera types are not AF.  I always felt (maybe because of
price) that my M6 equipment was an alternative to medium format equipment and
not the N-C-M 35mm equipment.  Before I buy an R8, I will probably take
another look at a Mamiya or Hasselblad (not N-C-M).  My objective with
equipment is sharp negs, not fast cameras.  Nothing is faster that my M6 for
street photography.

Cheers
Arturo