Subject: [Leica] M Tele-Converter
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 10:35:19 -0400

At 01:31 PM 5/23/98 +-200, Gerd wrote:

>A small and lightweight 1.5x teleconverter
>that makes a 135 f/4.2 from the 90 f/2.8 would be the gimmick I am
>missing in the M system. To make it compact, it doesn't even need
>it's own goggles.

The Ukrainians make a 2X teleconverter in LTM for the FED.  These are nice
units:  they are rather good optically, as to be expected, and are
surprisingly well made mechanically for an SPS piece.  And they are
RF-coupled.

Of course, the LTM male thread can be converted to M with the Leitz
adapter, but the female end requires LTM lenses.  But a 2/85 Jupiter-9
becomes a 4/170 with the adapter, and the focusing accuracy in an M6 is
adequate though, of course, an M3 is preferable.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!