Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica CL
From: WILLIAM CALDWELL <sneeker@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 23:03:16 -0500

SNIP --

Jim Laurel wrote:

> Don't know about where to get an owners manual, but just a heads-up about
> the meter.  It was designed to use the old mercury batteries, which are no
> longer available.

SNIP --

Jim,

The V 625PX mercury battery, 1.35V, is still available in certain areas
of the U.S. (and I would guess in some countries in Europe).  I just
picked up three two months ago.  Look around locally or have
out-of-state friends check their local photo shops.  I have been told by
my repair shop that it is premature to recalibrate for the 1.5V, as the
CL meter works better with the 1.35V.

The instruction booklet for the CL can be obtained from a reliable
dealer in photographic documents, John S. Craig.  The cost is +/- $10.
His e-mail is <jscraig@snet.net>.  He also has a web site, but I don't
have the URL at hand.  Best regards.

Bill Caldwell
sneeker@erols.com