Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica CL & Batteries
From: WILLIAM CALDWELL <sneeker@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 05:04:02 -0500

SNIP -- Jim Laurel wrote:

> Thanks for the info, Bill.  Interesting advice from your local dealer.
>
> Jim,
>
> The V 625PX mercury battery, 1.35V, is still available ....  I have >been told by my repair shop that it is premature to recalibrate for the >1.5V, as the CL meter works better with the 1.35V.

SNIP --
Jim and others,

Clarification -- The advice was not from a local dealer, but from a
national independent camera repair facility.

As an additional point of information, Theo Kisselbach's book, "The
Leica CL" (Hove Camera Foto Book, Eng. ed. 1977), ISBN 0 85242 570 8, is
a good substitute for the CL instruction booklet.  That book
occasionally may be obtained on the "Net" or from used book sellers.

Best regards.

Bill Caldwell
sneeker@erols.com