Subject: [Leica] Bad advice in circulation
From: "Andreas Frijdal" <frijdal@tin.it>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 10:25:11 +0200

dear friends, (minus one: called Royfel)

following  the excellent advice of our friend Richard Clompus OD, I ordered
the appropriate correction lens through my local dealer. unfortunately these
things takes months here in Italy and you will understand my joy when our
"friend" Royfel came with the great news that the diopter of his Pentax 6x7
fitted perfectly "not yust close mind but perfectly". My neighbour and good
friend happens to import Pentax so within a week I had the diopter, in the
meantime I had also bought another M3 (I own an M4-P).

Great was my disappointment,  already at eyesight their was no match.
The piece that Royfel described with part# (infact I gave the Pentax people
a copy of his email) did not fit at all. unless the M6 has a different
diopter than the M3 and M4-P, we have a big joker in our club!

All the bext from Tuscany

Andreas

ps. how come that I'm the first one to find out, would it be considered a
herecy to put a Pentax diopter on a Leica, or Policially Incorrect?

Dr .Andreas Frijdal
Casalmonte
San Polo in Chianti
Tuscany