Subject: [Leica] Ted Grant's book
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 10:37:32 +0200

Yesterday, I received Ted Grant's 220 page 14 1/2" x 14 1/2" book
"This is Our Work - The Legancy of Sir William Osler", ISBN
0-9698568-0-6, announced at <http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant>.

The book shows physicians, nurses, scenes in a hospital, but most
of all - it shows humanity, tolerance and patience, translated into
extraordinary and sensible b/w Leica pictures.

Ted Grant's pictures are truelly remarkable, because they are more
than images of scenes - the pictures make you feel the physician's,
the nurse's gentle caring for the patient, the concentration on his/
her suffer, not looking for the rest of the world. You feel the relief
and happiness at a success, you feel the patient's faith, but you also
feel the tired assistant's 60, 80 working hours week.

The pictures are no loud pictures, but they are spectecular, of the
quiet type. These pictures make you wish, that you would be exactly
in that hospital, where Ted Grant's pictures are taken, and at/in
the hands of those people, when you get ill.

'Decisive moments' - maybe. But, Ted Grant's pictures show more,
much more, than that very moment. These are pictures of hope.

Thank you, Ted.

Alf
(working in a hospital since 20+ years)

Alfred Breull