Subject: [Leica] R-Focusing/80 Summilux
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 12:53:32 -0400

Ted Grant,

>>eye records to going from a completely out of focus<<
         >>.......to seeing the image pop into focus<<

Nowhere is this more true than with the R8/new screen
/80 f1.4 Summilux. The eye just "pops"into focus, even
under very low light, when doing portraits!

Another "value add" of the 80 f1.4 is its well tensioned
focusing ring; a trait of most Leica lenses. I.E., when
you reach the focusing point, you do not overshoot &
have to "rack" back & forth.....you get it the first time ;-)!

Very difficult to imagine a quicker system!

Tom D.