Subject: [Leica] Re:
From: Christian Becker <chribeck@mdc-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 14:23:22 +0100

Eric Welch wrote:

>Stanadard comments? Hogwash. This is pure garbage. Leica is the third >most popular camera line behind Nikon and Canon with professionals.

Exactly what I meant with standard comment - Thank you ;-)
Yes, Eric and in '59 Leica was the most popular camera line with
professionals saying no to SLRs while all others said yes. You know what
happened.
And BTW the question was whether Leica should go AF or not. Most
'elderly', experienced LUGgers say no, but photogs grown up with
motors/auto-exposure/AF shout yes. In some years the latter will form
the majority.

>Not that there's anything wrong with being elderly. :-)

Right, but maybe with a certain mindset often observed with elderly.
Just to cite THE BYRDS:
'...step out of the new one if you can't lend your hand for the times
they are a cha-angin...'. Sounds pretty practical.

Hm, sorry nearly forgot to put some smileys in :-) :-) :-) :-)

Christian