Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanning B&W negs with the Nikon Super Coolscan
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 09:03:50 -0500

At 09:06 PM 5/24/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Myers Pete wrote:

>i've never scanned any monochrome negatives, but i have scanned several
>hundred color negatives. i find that i get better results, in general,

I find black and white harder to do well than color in scanners. I'm not
sure why. Maybe I've just gotten good at printing, so I expect my pictures
to look like they were printed. Different medium, so I guess it should look
different. But it's frustrating.

>you don't mention Photoshop. i'd suggest that it's a necessary component
>of any serious scanning work.

I'm with you there. Just ordered Photoshop 5.0, I hear it's got some great
new features.
- --

=========

Eric Welch