Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 16:31:41 -0500

At 12:10 PM 5/25/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Didin't someone (perhaps Marvin) say that the average age of the members of
>the LHSA was 60+?  Not that 60 is elderly!

Well, glad I'm on the up side. :-)

It doesn't matter who is on the group, Leica certainly has a larger
proportion of older people owning it, because it costs so much. But Leica
is making a push into professional markets, or so they say. And I know
several newspaper photojournalists who have taken them seriously for the
first time with the R8. And I find they think the viewfinder is one of the
big points, besides the lenses, of course. Considering the way most AF
viewfinders look these days, I can understand why. I find the R8 much
easier to manual focus.
- --
=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
 Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue