Subject: Re: [Leica] "older Leica people!"
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 17:31:34 +0100

Carl wrote:

<<<<<<I'll add that one of the many things I've discovered as I age is that
older people are no longer old. I'm in my mid-40s. But I've also found that
it is a rare and insightful younger person who realizes this and uses this
awareness to contribute to the richness of their art.>>>>

Hi Carl,

Well as a Leica (and other) user for nearly 40 years and if I keep my act
together I'm good for another 20-25!

Given that I'm 69 Wednesday 27 May and looking forward to "really relaxing"
when I'm 92!:) I figure I've grown old enough to say what the hell I like,
as long as it's been within my experince to have the knowledge and I'm not
a bias old S.O.B.! :)

Sure I have days when my body is doing great battle with my brain "what the
hell do you mean go another mile carrying all that stuff!!" But I truly
have no reason to stop doing what I've done these many years with great
passion. I am the first to admit there are days I think I'm crazy, but the
governing factor of lugging all my Leica gear hither and yon is determined
by a few things:

Passion:... creates a wonderful flow of mega energy!

Reality:....Can I do that as well as what I'm expected to produce?

And finally the 3 C's!
CONCENTRATE--CONSISTENT-- CREDIBILITY--

Do only those assignments that allow you to Concentrate, be Consistent, and
maintain your Credibility.

And as long as you produce under the guidance of the 3 C's, you can go on
forever!

Finally:  Attitude!!!!!!.... always be prepared to accept something new,
and always listen to a different point of view. Photographically or
otherwise!!!!

Of course always use Leica's! :) Ok I'm being a tad facetious. :)

And for all the "young folks" out there it really gets much better after
the first 40 years! :)

ted, The elder! :)